Update September 2019
The Town of Cottesloe, together with the Reserves, Parks and Playgrounds Committee has worked with consultants to prepare a Draft Public Open Space and Playgrounds Strategy.
The Draft Strategy involves a review of the public open spaces, parks and playgrounds in the Town of Cottesloe, detailing their current condition and highlighting opportunities for improvement.
Public open space provides significant benefits to the entire community and the Draft Public Open Space and Playgrounds Strategy presents the direction for the Town for these very important spaces now, and in the future.
Please provide feedback by 4pm on Monday, 30 September 2019.
The Draft Public Open Space and Playgrounds Strategy is now open for community consultation. View the Draft Strategy and complete the survey here.
Update February 2019
Update from Town of Cottesloe 20.2.2019: “Revised draft has been received and presented to key stakeholders and adjoining residents. Some revisions are not being prepared and we anticipate going out for wider community consultation in April/May.’
Cottesloe Recreation Precinct
Football, Rugby, Playgrounds, Golf Course….
The Cottesloe Recreation Precinct includes the following sports, recreation and community facilities and services:
- Seaview Golf Course & associated club rooms/ house
- Cottesloe Oval & change rooms – used for AFL football
- Harvey Field, change rooms and club house – used for Rugby
- Seaview Community Kindergarten
- Cottesloe Coastcare Association revegetation site
- Recreational open space (Harvey field/ Cottesloe oval)
The following is an extract from the Aecom CONCEPT Master Plan.
Read the full DRAFT concept plan which was presented to Council Tuesday 22 May 2018. After presentations from concerned stakeholders, Councillors did not endorse the draft but adjourned the issue, pending further consultation with the community.
The DRAFT plan with larger mages can be read by clicking HERE.
‘ 6.5 Concept Master Plan Element
The following numbers and elements coincide with the concept master plan on the previous page. Each element has been developed from the analysis, consultation, opportunities and options. Each element is identified in more detail in the above recommendations.
- Upgraded Harvey Field House – New viewing platform and outdoor dining area.
- Terraced seating – Low walls terraced into grass slopes
- Walk of Fame – Feature path with public art / interpretation of great sporting people and moments from local clubs. Located on top of an elevated mound at the same level as the ground floor of the multi-purpose building, it provides greater separation and spectator viewing opportunities.
- Circuit track – A track with distance markers, which can be used for football club training and for the general community.http://www.futurecottesloe.com.au/wp-admin/post.php?post=539&action=edit#
- Multi-purpose building – The building will cater for all codes and include general amenities, such as change rooms and a kiosk. It will also contain the golf pro shop, storage shed, a childcare centre/ Kindergarten and function room.
- New vehicle entry – Connects into the precinct at the lower level of the split level multi-purpose building. Car parking at the lower level reduces the visual impact from elevated areas of the site.
- Forecourt – Large hardstand area for sports clubs and outdoor functions
- Spectator mound – New grass mound provides spectator viewing for Football field and separation from golf course.
- Outdoor fitness station.
- Playground – Connected with the Kindergarten and childcare centre (fenced).
- Bush planting – An extension of the landcare group planting. Potential for a bush track experience.
- Dog park – Fenced off-leash dog park with equipment, shelters and facilities.
- Irrigation pond – Utilised for drainage and irrigation of the golf course, but also potential to become the a key feature for the golf course and entire precinct.
- Events space area – Large hardstand area taking advantage of proximity to the town centre, beach and foreshore. Infrastructure installed to allow for temporary events, food trucks, pop-up markets, etc.
- Picnic area – Shelters and hardstand area connecting to foreshore.
- Golf course – Potential rearranged layout.
- Informal kickabout – Large open play / recreation area.’